Samuel is a Research Assistant at the APPTA Hub. He is a recent graduate of the University of Ottawa, where he studied biomedical science. Although Samuel enjoyed his time in Ontario, he was always destined to return home to New Brunswick to pursue a career and be close to his mother. Samuel’s deep-rooted ties to New Brunswick has given him a sense of community, and he loves to give back to the community that raised him by offering his time coaching youth soccer or tutoring children in math and science. Samuel is excited to join the Hub to offer his experience in clinical research, while learning how policy-based research can improve the quality of life of Canada’s aging population. He believes that aging in place needs to be a topic that should be brought to the forefront of aging research to ensure that Canadian seniors are able to age gracefully in the comfort of their own homes.
When he is not at the Hub, Samuel can be found supporting his favourite sports teams, including Newcastle United (Jack Colback is the boy!), or making additions to his ever-growing jersey collection.
- Education: Honours Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science (BSc), University of Ottawa
- Recommended Media:
- Podcasts: The Bill Simmons Podcast and the Lowe Post
- Books: 11/22/63 by Stephen King and The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons
- Movies: Pan’s Labyrinth and The Shawshank Redemption
- Contact: email@example.com