Jenna Roddick is the Manager of Operations for the APPTA hub. Jenna works primarily in identifying relevant research being done across the country that aligns with current government priorities in aging in APPTA’s effort to contribute to evidence-informed policy recommendations. Another part of her work is to promote knowledge translation, both through the MileAGE podcast and APPTA’s education programming.
During her honours thesis in her undergrad, Jenna was exposed to research and learned how it can make an impact. Moving on to complete a Masters’ degree Jenna focused her research on community-based initiatives and practical application research with projects on knee pain, chronic low back pain, and fall prevention. Early on, Jenna gained a passion for how research can really help inform real-world solutions for targeted populations, specifically the aging. Working with older adults since her undergrad, the ultimate reward of her work is knowing it contributes to a better quality of life for seniors.
Beside work, Jenna is either experimenting in the kitchen or spending her time knitting, cross-stitching or outdoors running or hiking. When it comes to a balanced life-style, she believes in “everything in moderation, including moderation”.
- Education: Bachelor of Kinesiology, Honours & Master of Science in Kinesiology, Memorial University
- Certifications: Knowledge Translation Professional from SickKids Learning Institute
- Recommended Reads:
- Non-Fiction: Daniel Kahneman, Thinking Fast and Slow
- Science: Oliver Sacks, The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat: And other Clinical Tales
- Fiction: Anthony Doerr, All The Light We Cannot See
- Classic: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- Contact: email@example.com