Candice Ashley Pollack is the Executive Director of the APPTA Hub. She divides her time at work about 60:40, between building policy partnerships and scribbling ideas on her 7-foot whiteboard. Her favourite part of her job is supporting APPTA in finding creative ways to influence and innovate Canadian public policy for the aging population. Candice likes to be challenged in her work, and believes that your career should always provide you with new opportunities to learn. Her core leadership values include accountability (everyone should have a feeling of ownership over their work), integrity (treating others with fairness and respect is key to success), and adaptability (nothing gets better if it stays the same).
One of Candice’s greatest achievements was her work on the New Brunswick Provincial Strategy for the Prevention of Harm for Children and Youth, closely followed by her success in teaching her dog Oliver a repertoire of party tricks. She is deeply passionate about human rights’ discourses, and has contributed to published works on youth participation rights, children’s rights in a globalized economy, and child protection rights. When she isn’t at work, Candice is either pretending to be a coffee/ wine/ craft beer aficionado, re-decorating her home, or hiking trails, in that order.
- Education: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) & Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.), McGill University
- Certifications: Member of the Law Society of New Brunswick
- Recommended Reads:
- Thomas King, The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America
- Jonah Berger, Contagious
- Gabriel Garcia-Marquez, A Hundred Years of Solitude
- Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org