Karolina Jalowska is the Digital Media Coordinator with the APPTA Hub. Her responsibilities include managing the Hub’s social media channels and creating strategic digital communications content. Karolina strives to find innovative ways to use communications to tell stories, connect audiences and make an impact on communities a part of APPTA. Karolina is passionate about using social media to foster dialogue and raise awareness about aging research, policies and practices in Canada.
Prior to joining AGE-WELL, Karolina was the Communications Assistant at William Osler Health System where she worked on various external and internal communications projects. Karolina has a Master’s in Professional Communications from Ryerson University where she completed her Major Research Project on social media marketing within the health care industry. She completed her Bachelor of Arts at Western University where she double majored in Media, Information and Technoculture and English Language and Literature.
Outside of APPTA, Karolina can be found making healthy recipes and finding new places to go hiking. She has a passion for travel and learning about different cultures. Fun fact: Karolina lived with a host family in Italy for 4 weeks teaching children English.
- Education: Master of Professional Communications, Ryerson University; Bachelor of Arts, Double Major in Media, Information and Technoculture and English Language and Literature, Western University
- Recommended Reads:
- Non-Fiction: The Secret, Rhonda Byrne
- Fiction: Anything by Margaret Atwood!
- Memoirs: Becoming, Michelle Obama and A House in the Sky, Amanda Lindhout & Sara Corbett
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org