Job Description for PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub: Advancing Policies and Practices in Technology and Aging (APPTA) is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team on a part-time basis. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and support innovation in the field of aging policy and practice. This position offers a flexible weekly schedule between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and reports to the K.A.S.E. Manager of the Hub. The position will be located at the York Care Centre, 100 Sunset Drive, Fredericton, NB E3A 1A3.
The AGE-WELL National Innovation Hub: Advancing Policies and Practices in Technology and Aging (Hub) exists to support governments in generating opportunities to address the policy and practice challenges of an aging population so that all Canadians have access to optimal care across the country. We design innovative solutions to specific policy, program and service challenges that governments are facing, and develop best practices for rapid adoption of technologies across Canada. We accomplish this by:
- Bridging the knowledge translation gap in aging policy and practice by connecting researchers and policy-makers in the development of innovative solutions;
- Creating opportunities for knowledge exchange on aging policies and practices between Canadian jurisdictions; and
- Fostering an environment of innovation in aging policy and practice.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our team on a part-time basis. The selected candidate will have the ability to create a flexible weekly schedule between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and will report to the KASE Manager. The position will be located at the York Care Centre, 100 Sunset Drive, Fredericton, NB E3A 1A3.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes
- Develop and maintain a virtual filing system
- Book travel arrangements for staff and stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain contact lists
- Maintain an accurate record of expenses and prepare expense reports
Interested candidates should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant or executive administrative assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of office equipment such as printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint in particular)
- Knowledge of either Quickbooks or SAGE accounting tools
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bilingualism will be considered a strong asset
TERM OF POSITION
This position is available for an immediate start date. The term of the position shall end on March 31st 2019, with possibility of renewal for another year.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This is a part-time position of 22.5 hours per week. Salary will be set at $18/hour plus benefits.
TO APPLY: Please forward your letter of intent and resumé to Candice Pollack (K.A.S.E. Manager) at email@example.com.